God is so awesome! This spring break has been the best one that we have ever had. Normally, we don't usually do much, but this time, we had some friends - Jon, Cori, and Aaron, fly out from the states and stay with us from Friday March 13th through the 22nd. They are such fun! We had an amazing time together, and got to see so many awesome places.
So, I am going to attempt to give you all a recap of our adventures:
Friday night, I went with my dad to the airport in London where they were flying in at about 10:30. We picked them up and didn't end up getting home until around 2:00AM because part of the M5 highway was closed...that should have taken us back to Bristol. It's not very easy to find a quick detour through all the winding streets of England!
On Saturday, we woke up fairly early and were in London by lunchtime. We bought underground passes, and were able to see Westminster Abbey and Cathedral, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Tower of London, River Thames, Tower Bridge, London Bridge, The Crown Jewels, Trafalgar Square, and several other places. We ate dinner in London, and then drove back to our house. It was SO much fun to actually have some company to see all of the sights with! The thing that I enjoyed most was spending time together. I didn't realize how much I have missed being around people until I actually spent time with friends again!
Here is the first album of London:
This is the second album of London:
PLEASE let me know if these albums don't work or won't open.
Alright, on to Sunday. We definitely had a more leisurely day on Sunday than we did on Saturday. We got up later, and after eating some breakfast casserole, we headed off to Wales. We packed sandwiches and just had a picnic lunch once we reached Caerphilly castle. This is a beautiful old ruined castle which is about an hour from our house.

We spent several hours there before driving home. The daylight was not quite gone when we arrived home, so we decided to go play soccer at a local field that we could walk to from our house. After playing for an hour or two, we all walked down to the water in Pill where there is a little harbor. That evening Shauna and I played Risk with Jon and Aaron...I don't think that we finished the game until a few days later. Sunday was a fun day...and very relaxing compared to Saturday.
The first album of Wales:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109225&id=664542526&l=df498f95f0
The second album of Wales:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109229&id=664542526&l=060bdd24d2
I will be putting up more photos tomorrow. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Yes, what an awesome time, one I will not forget. God was so good to us, and He taught me so much about His character while we were there...May His name be praised forever.
Thanks to all of you again for your wonderful fellowship while we were there. If the world doesn't already know it, the people of planet Zerger totally ROCK!!! ;)
May God bless all of you richly,
Aaron
P.S. The picture of Caerphilly castle in the background is awesome!
God taught me so much as well, Aaron! I am so thankful for how He worked everything out...down to the places we would stay and the exact sights that we would see! As you said, may His name forever be praised.
And the only thing I can say about your last comment is hahahaha... :) You guys rock too! We SO enjoyed your company. It can get a bit lonely up here...but God is good!
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Post a Comment