Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Last Saturday!!

Last Saturday our family traveled down to South West England! We went to Dartmouth and Oakhampton. It was very fun! We went to Dartmouth castle first. It was right along the coast. It was beautiful!!! We could see the ocean! If you look on a map it would be easier to picture. I will put some pictures up of the water. It looked like the color of the Caribbean Sea! They also had walking trails; we walked down to the water but did not go on any other trails while we were there.


After we had a bite to eat we went to Compton castle. Unfortunately it was closed on Saturday! We did not get to go in it but we got some pictures of the outside! I wish that we would have got to go in; we will be back there though. There are other things around there that we want to see.

Then we traveled on to Oakhampton castle. It was really the ruins of the castle but it was still cool! It must have been a huge castle because the area that contained the ruins was large. It was fun to walk around and think that the castle had actually been used a long time ago! Sometimes I wish that I could have seen what it would have been like to live back in those days! I wonder if I would like it. I couldn’t see myself in that time period though!
So that was our adventure this past Saturday!

~Shauna~

No comments: