Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Gardens of Heaven...

I am SO sorry that I have been neglecting posting pictures and stories lately. All the normal excuses such as school and busyness are the only excuses that I have to offer.

But alas, I have posted some new pictures of the American Museum in Britain that we went to on Saturday. At 9:30 that morning, I had my typhoid and yellow fever shots done. We needed to get them done because my trip to Kenya is only about a month away. However, it was a TERRIBLE day to do it because I got a really bad headache and felt very nauseous all morning The museum was down in Bath, and it was a converted manor house...so it was GORGEOUS. Once we started walking around the grounds outside I felt a lot better. Truthfully, I have never been to a place that reminds me of how I envision Heaven to be like... but this place really did. It was the most beautiful place that I have ever been in my entire life. Please take a minute to look at the pictures, because they are amazing.... completely untouched... I didn't enhance them in any way. These pictures were actually taken on my dad's little camera... because the lens to our nice camera is in the US being fixed right now. It was really sad, because I would have loved to have it, but we made do with what we had, and the pictures turned out pretty well.

Jesus said "In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, I would have told you." This manor gave me a vivid picture of that... and God was so present with me even though I was feeling terribly sick. So it was a wonderful day. Please take a second to look at the beautiful pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=117008&id=664542526&l=12413f91a0

I hope you all are doing well. We miss everyone very much!

No comments: