Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Football, Friends, and Fun!

This weekend we had the awesome opportunity to go see a soccer game in Bolton between Bolton and Chelsea! Tiffany (my friend who is studying at a college close to London up here) came on a train on Friday evening and she and I walked down to Whiteladies road and got some Thai food! It was great! Tiff ordered some salmon and I ordered sweet and sour chicken. We ended up eating each others dishes because we liked them better! Hahaha....it was a lot of fun. The next morning we got up fairly early and drove to Bolton, which is about three hours away from Bristol. I woke up with a sore throat, so that wasn't fun.

Once we arrived we went to a Pizza Hut and waited for about 35 or 40 minutes to be seated! American restaurants must be a hit here or something! Luckily we got to Bolton early enough that it didn't matter. After the meal, we bundled up and found our way into the huge Reebok stadium! It was terribly loud in there because the Chelsea fans were shouting, pretty much the entire time. It was organized chaos though, because they were doing different chants that they all knew. I got some amazing pictures which Jacob put on his Facebook profile. The link is below:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=88213&l=eceab&id=710127463

After we got back from the game, Tiffany and I were tired, and I still wasn't feeling too great, so we put on a movie. It was so great to spend time with her again! :)

Sunday, I woke up feeling pretty terrible, so I went back to sleep and slept in until eleven-something. After I got up and had some lunch I felt a lot better, so Tiffany, Shauna, and I all went to the mall and shopped around for awhile. :) Tiff got her ears double-pierced! That was an adventure. I thought about having mine done too...but I ended up deciding not to.

We surprised Tiffany that evening by taking her to Berkeley Castle, which is this huge castle that they decorate and light up with candles for Christmas! They had a lovely singing Christmas carols in the great hall. We want to go back there in the daytime to see what it actually looks like. It is kind of hard to see when lit up by nothing more than candles! It was fun though.

Afterwords, we took Tiffany to the Temple Meads train station. :( SAD! I didn't want her to leave, but it was a great weekend. I am so happy that I got to spend time with her!

No comments: