Hey All!
So I added new pictures to my Facebook for you all to see! We went to the suspension bridge, as Shauna talked about in one of our previous posts and I finally put pictures up of that! :) Hope you enjoy them!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=82734&l=0d53e&id=664542526
Now I must tell you a funny story. I plugged in my curling iron a few days ago and set in on my dad's nightstand in his bedroom. (they don't have outlets in the bathrooms here!) I to use a converter because their outlets are different here. Well, after a few minutes I walked out of my bedroom and immediately smelled smoke. I walked into my dad's bedroom only to find that my curling iron was melting! The metal was bending and the plastic knob on the end of it had completely melted off! As soon as my dad came home I showed him the burnt up curling iron. I showed him the converter that I had used at which he laughed and said "Emily.....that's an adaptor....not a converter..." Whoops! Well how was I supposed to know that a converter converts the voltage and an adaptor just adapts to the outlet shape????? Hahahaha...it was pretty funny after the fact though. Yes, the nightstand has a little burnt spot on it now and I am going to need to go buy a new curling iron. But now at least I know the difference between an adaptor and converter!!!
You can see pictures of my lovely burnt up curling iron at:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2054493&l=27cad&id=664542526
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2054494&l=39356&id=664542526
Cheers!
Emily
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like you all are having lots of fun :) I love the pictures and can relate to the adaptor vs converter dilemna....it was a beautiful day here in KS today - have a yummy and prayful Thanksgiving...I'll be thanking God for leading me to you xoxo d
Post a Comment