Monday, November 3, 2008

Originally written on 9/16/2008

It is amazing to think about how, a week ago, our lives were normal. Last Tuesday, I was planning my next year of college, getting ready for Friday's classes, going on errands, and attending piano lessons....all of the normal things that have become routine. Then, last Wednesday, my dad called from work asking us what we thought about moving to England for 9-12 months! All I can say now is....I can't believe that we are actually going!

However, I do believe that this is God's will for us. Our trip to Washington brought us much closer as a family as well as much closer to God. I was telling my sister last night that God often leads people into the desert so that he can draw them closer to himself and they won't get distracted with the trials of everyday life. By bringing me to Washington, away from everything I knew...away from all my friends, God got some time alone with me and was able to speak to me about things that I wouldn't have listened to otherwise. It was an amazing growing experience for me and I am hoping that this trip to England will be the same way, for my sister and myself. I can sincerely say that I am desperately looking forward to spending so much time with God and my family.

Thank you for all of your prayers!

1 comment:

Molly Rose Schaefer said...

Hey Emily! I am SOOO excited for you guys! What an adventure! I will definitely be following this blog :-)
I will be praying for you and your family, especially this Thursday.
God bless,
Molly