Happy Thanksgiving!
We are so thankful for all the blessings that the Lord continues to bestow on us. Even though we are in a foreign country, away from all of our special friends and family, we are still so thankful that the Lord brought us to this place for a time. Already, I know I have learned so much about my family, myself, and my Savior. I am excited to see what else the Lord has in store for my family and I.
We had some exciting things happen here today:
My dad got a cat
Shauna now has eleven finger nails
Jacob got a girl
And I got engaged
Now if you are confused...give me a chance to explain myself. :)
My dad had a long day of work today because obviously, it isn't a Holiday here. :( But after he got home we went out to eat at a really nice place called "Glass Boat". It was literally this renovated boat with several glass walls overlooking the river! When we arrived they asked to take our coats! Our waiter led us to a beautiful candlelit table where we proceeded to look over the menus. Jacob pointed out that you would have to know a lot of different foods in order to even know what you were ordering! Eventually we figured out what we wanted. Shauna had turkey, and the rest of us had fresh salmon. It was delicious! After having some dessert we looked at the little wrapped presents that we had found on our plates at the beginning of the meal. At first we just thought that they were for decoration, but I was too curious and decided to open mine. It contained a little piece of paper with a joke on it, as well as little plastic souvenirs. My dad got a kitty cat, Shauna got a fake nail, Jacob got a little girl, and I got a ring. Hence the outrageous claims I made at the beginning of this post! :) We had a wonderful time together as a family, even though it was not your traditional Thanksgiving meal.
On the way home, my dad turned a corner and the road turned into a three lane road. He realized that he needed to get into the lane that was to the far left. All the cars were stopped in this lane, and we figured that it was just a backup from the light that was ahead. After sitting there for a minute or so, we realized that we were parked at the curb behind a line of waiting Taxi's! It was hilarious! We laughed so hard! The taxi cab drivers probably thought we were nuts! Hahaha..oh my, I am still laughing about it.
I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for each one of you and the role that God gave you in our lives!
May the Lord bless and keep you,
Emily and the family
A lot of these pictures are really dark, but a few of them are good! Enjoy!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=83527&l=d3d94&id=664542526
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love all the pictures; you all look wonderful. I also love all the funny things that you have shared. We are looking forward to having you back with us here in the heartland.
Post a Comment