Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Trip to Bristol's City Museum & Art Gallery

Tuesday November 18th

Yesterday we went to the “Bristol City Art Museum & Art Gallery”. It was three stories high. The building was there when the war was going on and the Nazis’ had dropped a bomb through the roof of the building!! There was a pillar that they had preserved that had bomb damage on it! The La Belle Dame Sans Merci painting by Sir Frank Dicksee was my favorite painting in the Museum because of the scene that it was portraying and the vibrant colors!! I thought it was neat that some of the paintings that were seen in the Museum could be bought in the gift shop on post cards!! There was an awesome bell called the Chinese Bell. It was at least 6 feet high and 4 feet wide!! The bell had Chinese writing on it.

The area I liked the most in the museum was the gem stone display, and my favorite gem was the Celestine which was from Madagascar. The outside of the gem looked like a rock but the inside was a baby blue color that shimmered in the sun. It was very beautiful!! They had an animal display with every animal you could think of and some fossils!! I recommend this museum to anyone!! I had a blast!!

By Shauna Zerger

No comments: